Starting with the release of Doc-To-Help 2013 (5/29/3013), Doc-To-Help will only be offered in one version. Please read this article for details.
Since 2005, Doc-To-Help has come in two flavors: Doc-To-Help Enterprise and Doc-To-Help for Word. The Enterprise version delivered all the features Doc-To-Help had to offer while Doc-To-Help for Word focused on the features most useful for Microsoft Word authors. Due to the popularity of Doc-To-Help Enterprise, ComponentOne has decided to offer only that version, which will now simply be called “Doc-To-Help.”
Below are the answers to a few frequently asked questions. If you have more, feel free to ask in comments.
Q: Did Doc-To-Help for Word have anything that the new Doc-To-Help lacks?
A: No. The new Doc-To-Help has all the features that were included in Doc-To-Help for Word.
Q: What does Doc-To-Help have that Doc-To-Help for Word didn’t?
A: Doc-To-Help (formerly Doc-To-Help Enterprise) adds these features:
- Built-in content editor
- Microsoft SharePoint and Team Foundation Server integration
- Built-in source control features
- SharePoint wiki output
- RoboHelp HTML project converter
- HTML Help converter
- Word to HTML converter (for source content)
- Support for external HTML editors (e.g. Adobe Dreamweaver)
Q: I have Doc-To-Help for Word, how do I get an upgrade?
A: All users are now considered Doc-To-Help owners (your Doc-To-Help for Word license automatically becomes a Doc-To-Help license). See the guide below to determine how to get your upgrade.
If you have…
- Doc-To-Help for Word 2012 v2 or 2013 v3, you get the upgrade for fee. Just download and install it.
- Doc-To-Help for Word 2012 v1 or earlier, you need to either renew or upgrade your license. There is a limited time promo price, so contact your sales representative to discuss details.
Q: I have Doc-To-Help Enterprise. How am I affected?
A: This has no impact on you. The new Doc-To-Help is the same as Doc-To-Help Enterprise.
Q: Are you dropping support for Microsoft Word?
A: No. Support for Microsoft Word is a core strength of Doc-To-Help and we will continue to provide top-notch support for it and its users.