NetHelp Localized for Chinese and Japanese

(Note: This functionality is only available in Doc-To-Help 2012 V2, which you can download here.)

Since the start of the 2011 release cycle, we’ve been working hard to give our customers as many different translation and localization options as possible.  We started by integrating with Translation Management libraries in SharePoint in 2011 V1 and followed that up by including a number of pre-translated localization settings in NetHelp 2.0, which was included in the 2011 V2 release.  We added to those localization settings by introducing a right-to-left configuration to 2012 V1.  For 2012 V2, we unveiled integration with Google Translate for NetHelp outputs.

Also in 2012 V2, we’re introducing localized configurations for Chinese and Japanese, which have special characters that need to be specifically rendered.  To create a sample, I imported a document written in Chinese, built it as NetHelp and posted it here.  I did the same thing for a Japanese document and posted that here.

The end result is that the Chinese NetHelp looks like this:

And the Japanese NetHelp looks like this:

All of the elements of the NetHelp — topic text, search and contents tabs or panes, breadcrumbs, and tooltip text for the buttons on the topic bar — are translated for their language.  All you need to do is import your document, set the language for your project, set your configuration in the Theme Designer, and build.  Doc-To-Help does the rest.

Try it for yourself and let us know your results!

One thought on “NetHelp Localized for Chinese and Japanese

1. news article

Thanks for sharing superb informations. Your web-site is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you’ve on this web site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found simply the information I already searched everywhere and simply couldn’t come across. What an ideal web-site.

Leave a Reply