Here is a typical project folder:
Transfer the project
- C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Doc-To-Help Projects
Transfer the Custom Templates and Themes
If a project has custom Word templates, and/or Themes, those need to be transferred also — just drop them into the appropriate folders.
- Windows® 7/8 and Vista at: \\Users\ (user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
- Windows® XP at \\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
Themes are stored here, so drop them in the appropriate folder:
- C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Doc-To-Help Projects\Doc-To-Help\Themes\(name of output)\Themes
To make things quicker, you could just transfer the entire “Doc-To-Help” folder to your colleague. Then all they need to do is drop that folder into the “My Doc-To-Help Projects” folder (C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Doc-To-Help Projects).
Note: If your project uses Doc-To-Help’s built-in Editor and you edited the CSS to create a custom one, those changes are stored in the Project folder (in the CSSFiles folder), so they transfer along with the project.
- Choose “Open an Existing Project” and select the project. (The file extension is .D2H).
- Double-click on any document in the Documents Pane to begin editing.