How to Customize NetHelp: Resources

Customizing  NetHelp in Doc-To-Help is easy. Here is a roundup of resources that explain what you can do — and how to do it!

Blog Posts:

Videos:

Online Help:

Other Customization Options

There are a few options you can change using the Help Targets dialog box. You can change the header text, the default file name, accessibility mode and more.

Customizing Topics

Finally, to change the way your topics look and behave, you can edit the Templates (if working in Word) or Cascading Style Sheets (if working in the built-in editor). Please see the following videos & blog post:

Editing Templates

Editing Style Sheets

Customizing Your Doc-To-Help Targets: Source Documents are Word

Information Beyond NetHelp

If you’d like to learn more about how to use Doc-To-Help, please take a look at all of our online resources here:

Doc-To-Help’s Learning Library

This entry was posted in Doc-To-Help and tagged , , on by .

About Nicky Bleiel

I am the Lead Information Developer for Doc-To-Help and a Doc-To-Help trainer. I have 19 years of experience in technical communication; writing and designing information for software products in the documentation, media, industrial automation, simulation, and pharmaceutical industries. I am the President of the Society for Technical Communication and have presented talks at the STC Summit, WritersUA, tcworld, CIDM (Content Management Strategies/DITA North America), and LavaCon on many topics, including embedded help, tools and technologies, user assistance design, single sourcing, wikis, social media, agile, and convergence technical communication. I have been published in STC's Intercom, Tieline, STC conference proceedings, tcworld magazine, TechCom Manager Newsletter, and the WritersUA and the Content Wrangler websites. Additionally, I teach Technical Writing at the Community College of Allegheny County.

Leave a Reply